Download Psion WaveFinder Setup Software and Drivers.

Well, this piece of kit is a blast from the past! I remember buying one, not realising there was no DAB signal anywhere near my home at the time. Anyway, once I moved I was able to get a signal and I was able to use my Wavefinder. It was pretty cutting edge at the time, it was also quite buggy as I seem to remember.
Yesterday I found the installation / drivers CD and decided to upload it here just incase there are still some Psion Wavefinder users out there.
I would be interested to know if there are any people still using a Wavefinder. If you download the software then please leave a comment 🙂

>>Download the installation CD here<< (9.54M)

The file above is zipped straight from the CD so is completely virus free.

Posted on August 24, 2012 at 11:48 am by Grumpy Git · Permalink
In: Hard to find software · Tagged with: , , , , ,

12 Responses

1. Written by steve
    on 30/09/2012 at 8:08 pm

thanks, this was very helpful! i just bought a wavefinder on ebay and it didn’t have the disc.

2. Written by EricF
    on 16/12/2012 at 9:11 pm

Hi,

I was just moving some stuff about on my shelves and took down my retired Wavefinder to get at something else. I still have the box and all the original docs and disk.

I decided to Google it to see if there is anyone still using one of these and learnt on Wikipedia that these will work with Windows XP SP3, so I’ve downloaded your file and am hoping that my Wavefinder will find a new lease of life on my old XP SP3 laptop.

Many thanks.

3. Written by Grumpy Git
    on 21/12/2012 at 12:03 pm

Let me know how you get on EricF. I wonder if it would run under Vista/Windows 7 using compatibility mode? The bits and pieces of my Wavefinder are probably all separated and scattered to the four corners of the house, never to be found again!

4. Written by uglles
    on 13/02/2013 at 6:16 am

yup downloaded software, hopefully i can find one on ebay to try, cheers

5. Written by Andy
    on 25/02/2013 at 10:25 am

I used to mend these about 10 years ago. They had a tendency to blow a regulator. I would buy faulty eBay ones, fix them and resell.

Other than that, it was a good piece of kit. It was a shame that Psion did not update the drivers to work with later versions of Windows.

6. Written by Steven
    on 19/03/2013 at 11:16 pm

hello! I was given this by an old lady who was clearing out her late husbands stuff (he was a old HAM radio operator) however the power supply didn’t come with it, does anybody what kind of power supply it needs so I can find an way round it? would love to see if it works!

7. Written by Grumpy Git
    on 20/03/2013 at 12:32 pm

Hi Steven, I believe it’s 10v / 300ma

See: http://lop.im/pPCtGd

8. Written by Paul
    on 27/07/2013 at 7:57 pm

Many Thanks
    I had two in the attic but couldn’t find the drivers.
    I got mine working straight away.
    I spent the last two weeks commissioning two new DAB transmitters in south Wales. I might be able to use one of mine in work.
    Thanks again.
    Paul.

9. Written by Christian
    on 30/10/2013 at 6:54 pm

Hi this is Christian from Germany. I lost my Installation-CD and found my Psion Wavefinder after 5 Years in an old box.

10. Written by Ritesh
    on 06/08/2015 at 5:36 pm

Just to say I found my Psion Wavefinder in my attic all boxed. I tried to fire it up but looks like Stevenage is not a hotspot for DAB.

I will try the driver on my Windows 7 laptop.

At least the flashing globe still works. So cool!

11. Written by Ritesh
    on 06/08/2015 at 5:38 pm

Forgot to ask is there still a market for these “retro” items? thinking of selling on eBay

12. Written by Barry
    on 10/09/2016 at 12:38 am

Very grateful, the move a few years back meant the disc went AWOl. Idiot spammer in the first post initially put me off from replying five months ago by the way. I hope you have his ip address for mailbomb purposes.